Cisco 1720 - VPN Access

Misha misha at insync.net
Sat Aug 28 20:16:25 EDT 1999

We have a couple of sites using it and it works great. IOS IPSec seems to
be working fine now, after all the initial bugs have been worked out. You
may need a Flash memory upgrade, because the latest IOS images have gotten
bigger. The maximum encrypted traffic you should be able to put out now is
about 512k, before the hardware encryption card comes out. As far as
management, we have not had to touch it since it was set up.

Misha

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Ashok Kumar B S wrote:

> Hai all,
>
> Has anybody tried out VPN using Cisco 1720 Access VPN ?
>
> Apart from export control of Encryption key-length any
> information/suggestion/comments regarding
> performance, interoperability, scalability, configuration and maintenance are
> welcome.
> We are planning to implement VPN solution between branch offices.
> Many Thanks in Advance,
>
> Regards,
> Ashok.
> \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-> Ashok Kumar B S
> AOTS Trainee
> Yokogawa Electric Corporation
> mailto:ashok_shivaram at bigfoot.com
> TEL :      81-422-52-5506 Extn: 26405
> FAX :      81-422-52-0513

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com