traffic doesnt pass ipsec0

Christophe Zwecker doc at zwecker.de
Sun Aug 22 18:45:15 EDT 1999

Hi,

Im totally new to this, I use Freeswan snapshot 22 August on Linux
2.2.10

I got it compiled all well.
To test it I wanted to try between to computers directly connected via
ISDN.

1) 192.168.1.154
2) 192.168.5.99

so I setup the ipsec0=isdn1 interfaces in /etc/ipsec.conf, the rest
looks like this:

conn sample for computer 2)
        type=tunnel
        # left security gateway (public-network address)
        left=192.168.5.99
        # next hop to reach right
        #leftnexthop=10.44.55.66
        # subnet behind left (omit if there is no subnet)
        leftsubnet=192.168.5.0/24
        # right s.g., subnet behind it, and next hop to reach left
        right=192.168.1.154
        #rightnexthop=10.88.77.66
        rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24

I left out the hops, I think I dont need that, do I ?
Anyway, now I have this in routing table:

192.168.1.154   *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 ipsec0
192.168.1.154   *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 isdn1

When I ping 192.168.1.154 and check /proc/net/dev after there has not
been any traffic on the ipsec0 device, only the isdn1 device. So I
suppose nothing is going thru ?

Id appreciate any hints, thx alot.

bye

Christophe Zwecker                     mail: doc at zwecker.de
Hamburg, Germany                        fon: +49 179 3994867

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just not ignorant-friendly and
idiot-friendly.Build a system even a fool can use,and only
a fool will want to use it.

The VPN FAQ (under construction) is available at
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/FAQ.html

We are currently experiencing "unsubscribe" difficulties.  If you
wish to unsubscribe, please send a message containing the single line
"unsubscribe vpn your-e-mail-address" to owner-vpn at listserv.secnetgroup.com