IPsec / PPTP for IPX functionality

jason.dowd at us.pwcglobal.com jason.dowd at us.pwcglobal.com
Tue Aug 17 14:22:08 EDT 1999

All true. In fact, there are a number of vendors that support internal
address assignment and RADIUS authentication for their client access
solutions. Trouble is, the standards for this type of behavior for just
IPSec are still in draft. So anyone who presently offers such functionality
for their IPSec connections is doing so in a proprietary manner. This may
or may not be an issue depending on whether or not connections with third
parties, potentially with their own client, is a requirement.

Personally, I find the standards based approach preferable, and with
minimal difficulty, it should be possible to script this to avoid giving
the users too much grief.

Jason

Eric Henriksen <eric_h at earthlink.net> on 08/17/99 10:03:05 AM

Please respond to Eric Henriksen <eric_h at earthlink.net>