Two Factor Authentication using EAP-TTLS

Kanago, Kerwin kkanago at ciena.com
Fri Sep 4 13:21:11 EDT 2015

I have more experience with external RAIDUS/EAP servers.
 AFAIK, EAP-TLS and EAP-TTLS standards both support either single direction or mutual authentication.

Enabling mutual auth typically requires a device certificate and CA certificate(s) on both the client and server.
Do you have valid certificates specified for both of these:

# CA certificate (PEM or DER file) for EAP-TLS/PEAP/TTLS
#ca_cert=/etc/hostapd.ca.pem

# Server certificate (PEM or DER file) for EAP-TLS/PEAP/TTLS
#server_cert=/etc/hostapd.server.pem