Using wpa_supplicant.conf with removable WiFi modules?

John Ernberg john.ernberg at actia.se
Tue May 19 02:45:56 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-19 08:29, Peer, Ilan wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

When we remove the WiFi module, the interfaces disappear, when we insert
it again, the interfaces will appear again. wpa_supplicant will not
apply the configuration again as it is only applied on the interfaces
when wpa_supplicant starts. For our use-case it is not desirable to have
to restart wpa_supplicant when the module is re-inserted so that the
configuration file is applied on the interfaces provided by the WiFi module.
For wpa_supplicant to be able to make a P2P connection using the module
we have, we must configure the settings mentioned in the previous mail.

I hope this was the clarification you were looking for, otherwise I'll
try again.

We have the cfg80211 driver as part of the kernel instead of a module,
it is never removed.

Best regards // John Ernberg