802.1x wired EAP authentication failed by using wpa_supplicant

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue May 12 02:10:09 EDT 2015

On 12/05/15 07:46, Haohao Lee wrote:
> My corporation uses self-issued cert, whose validity is from 2014 to 2063.
>
> Is this a bug?

I suspect you're running into the limitations of the os_time type used
in that part of the code: the end date in 2063 seems to cause that type
to roll over (similar to the Y2K issue).

Assuming the cert isn't defective in a way similar to what I described
above (have you checked with openssl?) this is certainly something that
should be fixed in the supplicant, but meanwhile as a work-around you
can try again using a cert that has a more reasonable validity period.

Jan