txpower settings on rt2x00

Sourav sourav.chakraborty at netcommwireless.com
Wed Mar 25 01:02:56 EDT 2015

Hi,
We have been using open source rt2x00 drivers for our RT3070 WiFi
chipset......according to EEPROM details of Ralink chipset(RT3x7x EEPROM
Format V1.75)--

2.4GHz TX0 & TX1 power setting register --

*Offset     b15 ~b8                     b7 ~ b0
*
52h         Channel 2 TX0 power     Channel 1 TX0 power
54h         Channel 4 TX0 power     Channel 3 TX0 power
56h         Channel 6 TX0 power     Channel 5 TX0 power
58h         Channel 8 TX0 power     Channel 7 TX0 power
5Ah         Channel 10 TX0 power   Channel 9 TX0 power
:
:

But on setting the mentioned offsets in EEPROM using iwpriv (e.g iwpriv
ra0 e2p 52=0809), rt2800lib.c:: static void
rt2800_config_txpower_rt28xx() function does not read the mentioned
EEPROM locations.
Instead it reads 6fh (EEPROM_TXPOWER_BYRATE).....can you please explain
how the open source rt2x00 driver is reading txpower values from EEPROM
and applying the same on to TX_PWR_CFG0...3 registers?
How is per channel txpower getting set?

--
Warm Regards,
Sourav

This communication contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone immediately.