Getting started with HS20 r2 (OSU client/server and such?)

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat Mar 21 11:40:04 EDT 2015

On 03/21/2015 07:17 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:02:57AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
>> Do you happen to have an example OSEN hostapd config file, and even
>> better, a pair with one OSEN and one .1x config file meant to work
>> together in conjunction with the hs20 client/servers?
>>
>> If not, would it be correct to assume that the OPEN/OSEN hostapd config
>> file has all of the HS20 configurables, and the .1x is mostly just normal
>> with .1x radius config info (ie, no HS20 attributes)?
>
> I commonly run three instances of hostapd for this: the actual AP (both
> production data connection and open or OSEN BSS for OSU), RADIUS server
> for the normal data connection, and a separate RADIUS server for OSEN.
> While it is possible to merge some of those together, things are quite a
> bit simpler and more robust for testing purposes as well, if these are
> kept separate. It is still fine to run only a single hostapd process to
> run all those "interface" instances.

Ok, and if I am using one hostapd-vap per interface, then I would end up with
four hostapd instances running in this case, right?

> I think you'll already got most of the OSEN configuration stuff figured
> out. tests/hwsim/test_ap_hs20.py has test cases that cover this
> functionality (well, not the actual OSU part, but all the other steps),
> so you should be able to find pointers from there.

Yes, I managed to get a station authenticating with the OSEN ap, using
another hostapd as radius service.  At this point I am disabling OCSP
since I do not have that working yet.  I guess that is the next thing I need
to get working so I can have a more standard OSEN auth configuration
so that the osu-client program has a chance of working.

But to confirm, the configuration that looks like this should only go
in the OSEN hostapd config file?

hs20_icon=32:32:eng:image/png:icon32:/home/lanforge/32x32.png
hs20_icon=64:64:eng:image/png:icon64:/home/lanforge/64x64.png
osu_ssid="osu-ssid"
# OSU Providers
# One or more sets of following parameter. Each OSU provider is started by the
# mandatory osu_server_uri item. The other parameters add information for the
# last added OSU provider.
#
osu_server_uri=https://ben-ota-2/hs20/signup.php?realm=example.com
osu_friendly_name=eng:LANforge HS20 Operator
osu_nai=osen at lanforge.com
osu_method_list=1 0
osu_icon=icon32
osu_icon=icon64
osu_service_desc=eng:LANforge Example services

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>