Debug wpa_supplicant (Ubuntu 12.04)

volker.obhof.w at sew-eurodrive.de volker.obhof.w at sew-eurodrive.de
Mon Mar 16 07:12:29 EDT 2015

I try to debug WPA Supplicant in KDevelop IDE with gnu debugger (gdb) in Ubuntu 12.04.

So I startet my own compiled version of wpa_supplicant by gdb: wpa_supplicant –iwlan0 –Dnl80211 –c/home/myconf.conf

myconf.conf file:

# Plaintext (no encryption) network

ctrl_interface=/opt/deobhvol/hostapd/hostapd-2014-06-03/wpa_supplicant

network={
     ssid="example open network"
     key_mgmt=NONE
}

When I start wpa_supplicant with gdb and as root I get the following output:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED

If I start wpa_supplicant as daemon during boot, I works correct.

What could be the reason that wpa_supplicant does not start correctly?

SEW-EURODRIVE GmbH & Co KG
Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRA 230970
Komplementärin: SEW-EURODRIVE Verwaltungs-GmbH, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRB 230207

Gesellschafter: Jürgen Blickle, Rainer Blickle
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Blickle (Vorsitzender), Johann Soder, Dr. Jürgen Zanghellini