[RFC 1/2] wpa_supp: ignore networks config for dedicated P2P management interface

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Mar 1 03:15:20 EST 2015

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 12:33:42PM +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> Apart from this I did not see any other comments. There are two
> other options to deal with this:
>
> - have wpa_supplicant_enabled_networks() always return 0 for
> P2P_DEVICE interface.

That would sound much more useful approach here. Similarly,
wpas_network_disabled() may need to return 1 for that interface.

> - remove networks from P2P_DEVICE after loading configuration.

Same comment as in the previous email, i.e., must not remove disabled=2
networks. That said, I don't think this filtering of networks is going
to work. There needs to be support for adding new networks dynamically
over control interface and there is even a corner case of a network
block changing from disabled=0 to disabled=2. All those operations are
supposed to work, i.e., the only thing that is not supposed to work is
using a network profile to request connection with an AP (or mesh/IBSS).