Fwd: Re: 802.1x wired and hostapd

Michał Zegan webczat_200 at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Jun 18 14:23:27 EDT 2015

- --- Treść przekazanej wiadomości ---
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:03:28 +0200
From: Michał Zegan <webczat_200 at poczta.onet.pl>
To: Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>
Subject: Re: 802.1x wired and hostapd

I am curious if there is going to be sufficient interest, considering
that someone may want to make a managed switch with linux on it, and
then it would be really really nice if that would work, at least the
first thing.
About modifying ebtables I would prefer something like
connect/disconnect scripts, or really listening to events, especially
because of nftables, and maybe for other reasons, including people who
want full control over layout of their rules.
I am interested in all of that without a specific reason, I would even
happily play with a multiport ethernet card or few ethernet cards
attached to a pc to create a software switch just for fun, but I do
not have any of those to ever try that.