Any known problems with 802.1w together with 802.1x?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Jun 7 09:33:42 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 08:39:53AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> I had debugged this problem some last year:
>
> "
> If the key version is 3, and we are using 128bit SHA, then supplicant
> fails the connections.
> "

I don't know what to say about that.. Key Descriptor Version 3 indicates
that SHA256-based KDF is used, so the combination of 128-bit SHA (==
SHA1 ?) and version 3 does not exist..

> I can set up this test case again and post the hostapd and supplicant
> config files next week.

Yes, please. I'd need to see what the exact configuration is since I
cannot convert that previous note to any configuration.