Support of OLBC in hostAP and Supplicant

Atul Joshi Atul.Joshi at csr.com
Mon Jul 13 07:46:45 EDT 2015

Hi,
While working in 2.4 GHz , there is a need to update the ERP IE in beacon/probe response.
According to supplicant 2.4, it appears that the supplicant does not register for beacon.
In nl80211_mgmt_subscribe_ap, we can see that
/* Beacon doesn't work as mac80211 doesn't currently allow
* it, but it wouldn't really be the right thing anyway as
* it isn't per interface ... maybe just dump the scan
* results periodically for OLBC?
*/
                                /* WLAN_FC_STYPE_BEACON, */

How is it handled currently in supplicant?
Or the underlying driver is supposed to handle it?

Thanks
atul

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
You can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com