EAP library

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Jul 11 12:51:34 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 09:31:35PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'm looking at implementing Junos Pulse VPN support, in the OpenConnect
> VPN client. (I have Network Connect support already, but it's a *vile*
> protocol and it only supports Legacy IP.)
>
> Junos Pulse uses EAP (including EAP-TLS) over TNC IF-T (over TLS). I'd
> *really* like to avoid having to reinvent the wheel, and I'm looking
> longingly at the EAP implementation in wpa_supplicant.
>
> Is there any prospect of making it into a library that can be used by
> external projects? Or should I just plan on copying code from it?

Please take a look at the eap_example directory. This is also described
briefly in the developers' documentation here:
http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/eap_peer_module.html

eap_example/Makefile builds libeap.a (or libeap.so with optional
CONFIG_SOLIB=yes) and the C files in the same directory show a simple
example of how to use EAP peer (and server for that matter)
functionality.