ACS seems not to select the best channel in 2.4GHz.

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Feb 8 06:14:29 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 04:08:01AM -0500, Jeremy Ward wrote:
> Quick question: does this weighted logic need to be applied to 5GHz ACS as
> well, or is there a different methodology at play here due to DFS
> requirements in certain portions of the band, regulatory domain dependent?

The case that was discussed here was specific to 2.4 GHz band, i.e., the
involved code path was already adding the adjacent channels only for
that band. I don't think regulatory requirements would change this on 5
GHz; there just aren't overlapping channels defined in a way that would
need to care too much about adjacent channels in this ACS algorithm.