WPA Supplicant not able to listen to events from driver

Arend van Spriel arend at broadcom.com
Fri Feb 6 03:47:49 EST 2015

On 02/06/15 04:22, Naveen Singh wrote:
> Hi All
> For my system we have cfg80211 built as loadable module. When we unload
> our WLAN driver cfg80211 gets unloaded as well.

So how is your WLAN driver unloaded. When unloading cfg80211 the nl80211
netlink family is unregistered from the kernel probably closing all
user-space netlink sockets.

If you only 'rmmod' your WLAN driver than supplicant should be fine
handling it as cfg80211 is not unloaded. If you use 'modprobe -r' it
will unload dependent modules if their refcount is zero.

Regards,
Arend