IP address of Switch

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Feb 3 13:57:59 EST 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 12:34:11PM +0530, Sarah Thomas wrote:
>  Since , we are reading the IP address of the switch from the conf file, is
> the IP address of the switch assumed to be static ?

That depends on what you mean with static in this context.. First of
all, this is used only for the NAS-IP-Address attribute, i.e., the
source IP address for the RADIUS messages comes from the TCP/IP stack
and will change based on IP configuration. Secondly, you can change the
own_ip_addr parameter at runtime through the control interface ("SET
own_ip_addr <new addr>"). hostapd does not have any mechanism for
automatically updating this internally based on IP configuration.