wpa_supplicant and provision discovery (PD)

Atul Joshi jatul at qti.qualcomm.com
Sun Aug 30 09:18:09 EDT 2015

Hi,
According to wpa_supplicant 2.4 code

1.       If the local device has only one config method supported

2.       If peer sends Provision Discovery Request with some other valid but not supported config method

3.       The local device still sends Response with config method in provision discovery request

>From the supplicant code I can see that, In function p2p_process_prov_disc_req
We check the config methods in PD request with all valid config method than just the supported ones.

if (!(msg.wps_config_methods &
                      (WPS_CONFIG_DISPLAY | WPS_CONFIG_KEYPAD |
                       WPS_CONFIG_PUSHBUTTON | WPS_CONFIG_P2PS))) {
                                p2p_dbg(p2p, "Unsupported Config Methods in Provision Discovery Request");
                                goto out;
                }
This is against the P2P spec.
Do we need to patch the supplicant or am I missing something?

Thanks
atul