CT ath10k firmware now supports IBSS + RSN

Sven Eckelmann sven at open-mesh.com
Tue Aug 18 05:38:33 EDT 2015

On Monday 17 August 2015 08:33:06 Ben Greear wrote:
[...]
> >  * IBSS/RSN isn't working between ath10k<->ath10k, ath9k<->ath10k
> >    (works well between ath9k<->ath9k)
> >    - the ath10k device doesn't seem to send its broadcast frames
> >      after the handshake finished (ath9k already tries to transmit
> >      bcast frames)
> >    - also doesn't work with firmware-2-ct-non-commercial-full-14.bin
> >      and nohwcrypt=1
>
> I believe I had ath10k to ath9k + RSN work, but I did see problems with ath10k-ath10k + RSN.

Yes, this was what I was reading in a different mail and also the reason
why I've tried to get it working for ath9k<->ath10k. But unfortunately,
I had no success.

I have also tried to use your config without the overrides and with
overrides without any success.

> I think sometimes it worked a bit, and then stopped.  Truth is, my customers
> interested in IBSS are not doing encryption on the IBSS interface, so I have no plans to work on this
> soon.  And, even if offered the opportunity, I'm not sure what I could do to
> improve the problem.  Possibly someone at QCA would have ideas and might share
> them with me...
>

> >  * IBSS stops working everytime an AP interface is added to the same
> >    PHY (it isn't importing whether it is using WPA/WPA2 or configured
> >    as open AP)
> >    - tested again with ath9k on the same OpenWrt version and it
> >      working quite well with 1x IBSS + 2x AP
>
> One of my customers is using AP + IBSS interface with no obvious problems
> related to concurrency.  But, maybe they are doing things in a different
> order.  Does it work for you if you bring up AP first and then add IBSS?
>
> This is likely fixable.

I had to hack a little bit of OpenWrt away but it seems that it works for
a simple setup to first create the adhoc interface and then sometimes later
add the AP interface.

[...]

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,