BSS traffic priority

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Aug 14 10:34:34 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 04:46:09PM +0300, Yury Shvedov wrote:
> Hi, I have a task to prioritize the BSSes' traffic withing one
> interface. E.G. I have WLAN A with higher priority than WLAN B on one
> interface. Say, interface could pass 6 mbps and we have 4 mbps traffic
> for A clients and 4mbps for B clients from a wire. In this case my
> implementation must eject in the air 4 mbps for A clients and 2mbps for
> B clients.
>
> So is there any way to configure or modify hostapd to implement such
> functionality?

If you can do this by going through the network stack, this would sound
like normal traffic shaping that would be completely outside the scope
of hostapd (and WLAN in general for that matter). If you are trying to
do this for bridging between wireless STA and not going through any kind
of IP routing, this get more complex and that may need some additional
kernel side design. In any case, that would also be mostly outside the
scope of hostapd.