P2P: Failed to select random social channel as listen channel

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Apr 26 04:15:13 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 09:31:43AM +0200, Janusz Dziedzic wrote:
> Currently seems social channels are defined only for 2.4GHz (1, 6, 11)
> and because this fail.
> I suspect social channels list will be extended in the future - added
> some 5GHz channels.

A social channel was defined for 60 GHz, but I do not expect 5 GHz
social channels to be defined. For the special case of a 5 GHz only
radio, P2P initialization needs to be skipped since that device cannot
possibly implement P2P correctly (well, assuming it is the only radio in
the system; if there is a separate 2.4 GHz radio, that could be made to
work).