beacons and ibss + rsn

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Apr 14 16:51:31 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:44:53PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> I can probably find it soon enough, but if you have a pointer to
> code that would be setting up beacons with block-ack flagged as supported
> or not, that might help me find it quicker...

I'm not very familiar with the IBSS design for this, but it looked like
mac80211 would do that in the join_ibss handler. Anyway, this is quite
different from the design used for AP mode where the Beacon template
(head/tail) come from hostapd.

> I think I am also missing some RFC patches that enable VHT80..maybe
> some of that will point me in the right direction as well.

There were relatively recent changes in hostap.git that enabled VHT
configuration for mesh and IBSS. Those were not only RFC, though, so I'd
assume you are referring to something else.. Maybe some of the driver
capability indications.