[WNM-Notification] When and where hostapd sends Remediation Request to the device

Adrian Moran adrian.moran at fon.com
Fri Sep 26 15:24:31 EDT 2014

Hi Jouni, thank you so much for the reply.

I have tried to put some traces in the code to detect if it is executing
that function and I have no results. Basing on HS 2.0 R2 specification the
WNM-Notification should be sent after the AP receive an Access-Accept
message from AAA server with the RADIUS attribute
"HS2.0-Subscription-Remediation" (vendor specific attribute from the WFA).

Because of that I have been finding the trigger that makes that function
run, because I was not able to see the function execution after the 4 way
handshake (with the corresponding HS 2.0 parameter in the Access-Accept).

I will check again the execution flow to try to fix this issue.

Thank you again for the support Jouni.

Adrián

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 04:49:59PM +0200, Adrian Moran wrote:
> > I have been trying to understand how hostapd sends a WNM-Notification
> > (concretly a Remediation Request) to the mobile device but I'm now
> blocked.
> > I have seen in the file src/ap/ieee802_1x.c that the function
> > ieee802_1x_finished is the attendant of send the remediation request
> (using
> > the function hs20_send_wnm_notification) but I can see where  and when
> this
> > function is called.
>
> ieee802_1x_finished() is called from the EAPOL authenticator finished
> callback, i.e., when the 4-way handshake following the EAP
> authentication has been completed in the case of WPA2-Enterprise (which
> would be the case for this remediation request).
>
> --

Adrián Morán Montes

*Research & Development EngineerFon Labs Workgroup, Getxo - Spain.*