openvswitch and hostap?

Junguk Cho jmanbal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:42:50 EST 2014

Hi, I have same issue.

When I add wlanX to bridge in openvswitch, the bridge does not reply EAPOL
frame
even though I set up rules between wlanX and br0 with in_port and out_port
fileds.

I can only see EAPOL (Message 1 of 4 ) in bridge with tcpdump but it did
not reply.
So I assumed EAPOL authentication is related to wlanX.

Is it right? Just wondering why it did not reply to EAPOL message.

Would you please clarify "I'm using this one but did not *consider sending
it upstream* as it is quite a hack"?

Thanks,
Junguk