wpa_supplicant: nl80211: set_key failed; err=-22

Richard Knoop richard.knoop at ibb.nl
Tue Nov 18 09:10:11 EST 2014

We have done some investigation

if fails in nl80211.c:
static int nl80211_new_key(struct sk_buff *skb, struct genl_info *info)

the call to:

         err = rdev_add_key(rdev, dev, key.idx,
                    key.type == NL80211_KEYTYPE_PAIRWISE,
                     mac_addr, &key.p);

returns -22 (Invalid parameters)

Now my Linux knowledge fails me, it calls rdev->ops->add_key.
But which add_key is called?

My wl12xx driver does not have a add_key method.
I do not see any call to wl12xx driver, it seems to fail before that.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Richard Knoop (richard.knoop at ibb.nl), Ingenieursburo Balvers BV
Tel +31 72 576 2552
Newtonstraat 27, 1704SB Heerhugowaard, Netherlands