Go Negotiation

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Nov 15 04:23:03 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 05:01:59PM +0100, Andrea Chittano wrote:
> This callback is used to notify that a P2P Device is requesting group owner negotiation with us, but we do not have all the necessary information to start GO Negotiation. This indicates that the local user has not authorized the connection yet by providing a  PIN or PBC button press. This information can be provided with a call to p2p_connect().
> Therefore I'm expecting a new call to p2p_connect(). But the p2p_connect() doesn't contain a callback to any function which performs the p2p_build_go_neg_resp().

That's not the way GO Negotiation is supposed to work. The P2P Device is
required to reply immediate with GO Negotiation Response without waiting
for the upper layer authorization (if one is not already available).
Once upper layer processing is completed and connection is authorize, a
new GO Negotiation instance is started by the device that sent the GO
Negotiation Response frame with status=1 (info currently unavailable).