only one client can connect to AP

James Harper james at ejbdigital.com.au
Fri Nov 14 05:41:00 EST 2014

I have hostap running on a laptop with a rt3090 minipci wireless adapter (rt2800pci / mac80211). It works perfectly for the first client, but as soon as a second client connects the first loses connectivity. I've seen a few posts about a similar problem in various forums, but no solutions.

Nothing is logged against the first client when the second connects. I'm using 2.3 from debian Jessie, but have also tried 2.4-devel.

Am I likely looking at a rt2800pci (kernel) bug or a hostap bug?

Config is:

interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
channel=6