wpa_supplicant Go Negotiation

Arend van Spriel arend at broadcom.com
Tue May 20 03:38:44 EDT 2014

On 05/19/14 22:08, Peer, Ilan wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> The wpa_supplicant allows to set the GO intent in the configuration file
> or by using the control interface commands that support it:
>
> ·The default intent in 7
>
> ·In configuration file u can set it by: p2p_go_intent=<0..15>
>
> ·From the control interface the intent can be changed as follows (also
> see here
> <http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap-1.git;a=blob;f=wpa_supplicant/README-P2P;hb=HEAD>)
>
> oP2p_connect … go_intent=<val>
>
> oSet p2p_go_intent <val>

However, there is no android application level api to set this before
doing a P2P connect attempt. Indeed wpa_supplicant has interface support
in place so probably it would be better to have this discussion on
android developers group [1].

Regards,
Arend

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-developers