Compilation wpa_suplicant - /bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Thu Mar 27 12:11:41 EDT 2014

Hello every one,
I tried to compile the program wpa_suplicant, when I run make, I was able to create 2 files executable wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli but I have this error:

  CC  wpa_passphrase.c
/home/alberix2/Cross-Compiler/Marvell_toolchain_201201/armv7-marvell-linux-gnueabi-softfp_i686/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wpa_passphrase] Error 1

I have looked on the internet and found that the problem may concerned about missing library file "libcrypto.so" in the directory /lib/usr, I went into the directory and saw 2 file libcrypto.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so (this is just a link to libcrypto.so.1.0.0). Their permission is Read only, but even if I changed their permission to Read & Write, the error is still there and I don't know how to correct it.
So anyone can help me through this?
Thanks in advanced for your response.
Sincerely,

NGUYEN Vu Hai