Multiple SSIDs and hardware limitations

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Mar 25 18:01:36 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 10:06:37AM -0400, Nicolas Calderon wrote:

> With all that being said, I though it might be interesting to either
> add checks for device capabilities at hostapd startup or tell people
> to check the output of "iw list" for device capabilities in the
> "Multiple BSSID support" section of the sample hostapd.conf.

It could be justifiable to add support for validating supporting
interface combinations with drivers that actually advertise such
information (not all do). However, that would require considerable
amount of work, so this may depend on someone contributing a patch to
add such validation.. For now, I added a note into hostapd.conf with a
pointer to "iw list" for the case of nl80211 driver interface and recent
Linux kernel versions.