ap_vlan_open exits hwsim tests

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Mar 12 04:05:59 EDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 08:43:11PM -0400, Eduardo Abinader wrote:
> It was a timeout issue in wpaspy:
>
>     def request(self, cmd):
>            self.s.send(cmd)
>            [r, w, e] = select.select([self.s], [], [], 20)
>            if r:
>
> I just increased the timeout and everything went fine. Don't know why do I
> need now to do such change, in order to get my tests running ok. A change
> in hwsim? I was using latest wireless-testing head for my tests.
>
> Jouni, it is ok if I send you a patch with this incremented value (from 10
> to 20)? I've tested with 15 and it failed also.

That sounds like something is blocking the wpa_supplicant process for
more than 15 seconds. That sounds like a pretty serious bug and I'd
rather fix that than hide it with this type of increase.

For some reason, I cannot reproduce this, though. I'm using the current
wireless-testing.git snapshot for most of the test runs and no sign of
such timeouts.