wpa_cli: connect 3 device in a p2p group with WiFi Direct

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Dec 21 16:28:25 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 01:59:38PM +0000, Stefano Cappa wrote:
> I'm using this simply writing on the command line of device 1 (the Group Owner): "wps_pbc".
>
> Why? I need to pass some parameters to this command?

You need to send that command to the correct interface, i.e., the group
interface (which could be something like p2p-wlan0-0) instead of the
global control interface or the main station interface. In other words,
that command is correct, but I'd assume you are issuing it to an
incorrect destination. I do not know how exactly the control interfaces
are configured to be used on the device you use, so I cannot provide the
exact command line that would need to be used. You could try something
like "IFNAME=p2p-wlan0-0 WPS_PBC" on the global control interface (and
replacing that "p2p-wlan0-0" part with the group interface name from the
P2P-GROUP-STARTED event).