[Android] wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli problem with p2p_connect

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa at mail.polimi.it
Tue Dec 9 18:28:10 EST 2014

?Hi, i'm working on wifi direct in android for my thesis at Politecnico of Milan in Italy.

I'm calling directly wpa_supplicant with wpa_cli via command line with adb in Android. Obviously?, i've recompiled Android from AOSP with the standard configuration to get wpa_cli and copied into the device.

If i want to connect two devices? with p2p_connect (for example with Lollipop, or Kitkat) i can use this procedure in wpa_cli:

Dev 1) p2p_find

Dev 2) p2p_find

Dev 1) p2p_connect address pin keypad

Dev 2) p2p_connect address 1234563 keypad //where 1234563 is the pin obtained from the previous command

Ok, perfect, after some experiments i can connect this devices -> group created and i can use the "busybox ping -6 address" command to ping the devices via wifi direct.

But, if i want to disconnect and reconnect without problems, which is the correct procedure?

Because, if i recall p2p_connect, the answer is "FAIL", if i try to kill (with killall -SIGKILL) wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli and retry, the answer is always "FAIL". The only way to disconnect and reconnect is a complete reboot of all devices.

Probably i don't understand something that is really really basic and easy ;)

Thank you very much,

please help me ;)

Stefano Cappa