wpa_supplicant passive scan

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Dec 3 07:02:08 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 09:41:19AM +0000, Robert Denber wrote:
> 	  - these optional arguments to the SCAN command can be combined with
> 	    each other

> I am struggling to find out how to enable this feature. I have tried adding it to wpa_supplicant.conf and everything I have tried has given me a parse error and unknown option. I've also tried adding it to -C, -g, -o, -p options etc and this does not seem to work either.

That "SCAN command" is referring to the wpa_supplicant control interface
SCAN command. There is nothing in the configuration file that control
those operations, i.e., this is for the purpose of external tools
requesting a scan to be performed. This would be set separately for each
scan, e.g., if you were to run a command like "wpa_cli scan passive=1".