streaming video and iOS

Jonathan Haddad jon at jonhaddad.com
Sat Sep 14 17:40:48 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I've recently set up hostapd v1.0 on a Ubuntu 13.04 box.  I've configured
hostapd using a bridge & WPA PSK.  Almost everything is working - the only
caveat is streaming video to iOS.    I initially set up the box on a subnet
with dnsmasq, which had the same issue.  Originally I thought the problem
was specific to plex, but just discovered today it's happening with any
video that appears to stream to the iOS device.  I've tried an iPhone & and
iPad, same problem.  What's really strange is that it works from my MacBook
Pro, and from those devices when I put them on the primary wireless router
in the house.

If I watch tcpdump with -A, I'll see something like: "GET
/video/:/transcode/segmented/stop?session=79D41854-B955-4180-BBC5-64317DB5CAE8&X-Plex-Device=iPhone&X-Plex-Client-Capabilities"
come through, but no video ever gets streamed.

Any ideas what I should look at?

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com