Always send management frames at MCS-0??

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Sep 10 10:49:54 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 14:47 +0530, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>
> > Would forcing them to a lower rate at least theoretically improve
> > the chance that the packets are properly delivered?
> Yes. But we already have a RC algorithm taking care of that.
> Right?

Except if there's periodic interference, like a microwave.  In this
case, where the microwave cycles on and off, the longer it takes to
transmit the frame (ie, a lower rate) the *more* likely it is to get
partially squelched by the microwave turning on in its next cycle.  Here
a faster rate can be more robust since it can transmit the entire frame
in between microwave cycles.

Dan