Group rekey with lots of stations.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Sep 5 14:12:16 EDT 2013

Hello!

We are seeing an issue where a few of our 60+ stations are getting kicked
out by a customer's AP when it rekeys.  It seems that at least a few rekey messages
are lost and the hostapd gives up and disconnects the client stations.

 From sniffing, it seems both hostapd and supplicant are dropping packets,
though at different times one may appear worse than the other.

These 60+ stations are all on one machine, so the supplicant there has lots of work
to do in a short time.  There are some additional station machines connected and running
some background traffic.

Since it appears all stations need to rekey at once, I am wondering if
it would be valid to be more lenient in hostapd's retransmit timers?

Any other ideas on this?

Thanks,
Ben

--