hosted dynamically ignore/respond to probe request from stations

Amit Shah ashah at bluerover.ca
Wed Oct 23 00:37:36 EDT 2013

Im trying to write a simple connection saturation algorithm for a bunch of linux nodes running hostapd.  On having max_num_sta connection, I want hostapd to move into hidden ssid mode (ignore_broadcast_ssid = 0).  I have updated src/ap/beacon.c to include a simple conditional statement and recompiled successfully, but my ssid still keeps showing up when the node is "saturated":

    if ( hapd->num_sta >= hapd->conf->max_num_sta){
      hapd->conf->ignore_broadcast_ssid = 1;
    }else{
      hapd->conf->ignore_broadcast_ssid = 0;
    }