AP mode simultaneous dualband with one USB dongle

Sujith Manoharan sujith at msujith.org
Fri Nov 22 09:39:23 EST 2013

Arend van Spriel wrote:
> I think CTS-to-self was used as a trick to signal that. And an AP needs
> to transmit a beacon on every TBTT and transmit broadcast/multicast
> traffic every DTIM interval. That requires pretty accurate timing so you
> definitely need help from hardware to service two channels 'virtually
> simultaneous'. P2P GO can be concurrent, but I think it is primarily
> intended in combination with STA operation.

If the HW can support two TSF timers concurrently, it would help.
A few QCA chips have this feature, like AR9485. Concurrent P2P operation
can take advantage of this HW facility by having a "channel resource manager"
in the driver or wpa_s. But, the code to support this is missing
in ath9k right now. :-)

Sujith