Server change and Bugzilla

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Nov 19 13:40:31 EST 2013

The hosting company I'm using for the project has decided to retire the
platform that is currently used for serving the w1.fi web pages,
including Bugzilla, and git repositories. Being not exactly pleased with
the extra effort this forces me to do, I'm planning on retiring them as
my hosting provider since they do not provide any automated migration
path either and moving to another provider requires more or less
identical effort.

I'm using this as an option to minimize the services I operate myself
and as part of this, I'm thinking of not migrating Bugzilla to the new
server. I will obviously keep the old data as a backup and try to go
through the open cases at some point, but it is possible that the old
Bugzilla cases will not be available online after the end of December
unless someone else wants to volunteer to host a bug tracker and import
that information there. A volunteer to host a bug tracker for
wpa_supplicant/hostapd would also be appreciated even without that
import-existing-cases part if there is enough interest for such service
in the future.