Question on 802.11r

michael-dev michael-dev at fami-braun.de
Tue Nov 12 03:54:55 EST 2013

Hi,

Am 12.11.2013 05:36, schrieb Ben Greear:
> Now, I have a somewhat related question:  Should the station
> re-acquire DHCP lease after successfully roaming? ...
> So, it would be nice to skip
> DHCP, but I'm not sure if that is how real-world networks
> are configured?

even without 802.11r when devices are roaming within the same SSID, some
don't refresh DHCP after changing the BSSID. I believe a recent version
of MAC OS was doing so and maybe others, though I'm not sure which HW/SW
exactly was used on client side. So that is why I built DHCP-Snooping /
IP+ARP-Filter on my APs in a way that those stations don't loose network
connectivity.

Regards,
  M. Braun