consequences of turning on extra key_mgmt flags

Olsson, Ola Ola.Olsson at sonymobile.com
Wed May 29 09:21:23 EDT 2013

Hi,
I use an external connection manager to talk to the supplicant and when I add a PSK network I might not know if the AP supports 11R and PMF. What would the negative implications be if I add "FT-PSK WPA-PSK-SHA256" to the key_mgmt in supplicant.conf whenever I add a PSK network?

To be clear, whenever I add a network, which is supposed to look like:
network={
                ssid="test"
                psk="1234567890"
                key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
                priority=4000002
}

Would it hurt to implicitly make it look like the following?
network={
                ssid=" test "
                psk="1234567890"
                key_mgmt=WPA-PSK FT-PSK WPA-PSK-SHA256
                ieee80211w=1
                priority=4000002
}

So far, I have not seen any problems and I guess the  "wpa_supplicant_set_suites" function is the rescuer thanks to:
sel = ie.key_mgmt & ssid->key_mgmt;

Best regards Ola