LEAP did not work. Need some help

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 13 15:01:46 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 04:45:31PM +0100, Tilman Baumann wrote:

> Other EAP protocols like MD5 and PEAP work fine through my
> wpa_supplicant. But not LEAP.

LEAP is special.. And not in the good way. It is not compliant to the
EAP specification and requires special authenticator behavior, which,
I'd assume, your NAS did not support.

> PS: I would like to test LEAP-FAST as well. Is freeradius with the
> hostap eap lib the best way to go?
> I did not really want to re-compile it, but I would if that's the way to
> go. (using debian package right now)

Assuming you are talking about EAP-FAST here, it would likely be easier
to use hostapd as the RADIUS authentication server than trying to make
FreeRADIUS use this through the eap2 module.