Has anyone configure HostAPd nl80211 for Fedora 18

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon May 6 17:49:34 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 21:45 +0000, Naipaul Ojar wrote:
> I did post questions to the same thread, but no responses were provide to later threads. I do appologize for that.
>
> Here is the results for the libnl3-devel.
> There are no results for libnl3-genl

You don't actually need a "libnl3-genl" because that library is included
in the libnl3-devel RPM that you've already go t installed.

So since I believe you  have everything required already, your build is
probably fine.  The last thing I said on that thread was:

---
The appropriate hostap driver is "nl80211"
---

Sorry if my reply wasn't clear enough, but what you want to do is use:

driver=nl80211

in your hostap config.  The hostap/wpa_supplicant "driver" for the
hardware you have is called "nl80211", not cfg80211 or iwlwifi.

Dan