Can someone explain this log line please?

McCann, Brian bmccann at andmore.com
Mon Mar 25 11:28:32 EDT 2013

This may sound stupid, but can someone explain exactly what this means?

hostapd: wlan0-1: STA 30:f7:c5:43:7d:7c IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

I'm having a problem with clients getting randomly disconnected, so I'm looking through my logs line by line and trying to understand what everything means.  These lines do not occur on APs that do not have issues, so I'm thinking this is linked somehow.  For the inquisitive, I'm using hostapd 2.1-devel on OpenWRT.

Thanks,
--Brian