p2p-commands and *.conf file

niels_w n.wuerzbach at tu-bs.de
Wed Jan 23 07:01:22 EST 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm uncertain if there is any possibility to automate the creation of
Wi-Fi Peer to Peer networks only by configuring and handing over a yet
to be created *.conf file to the wpa_supplicant. As far as I understand,
that is actually not possible.

Instead, setting up such a configuration file only seems to be of
interest when trying to either scan for infrastructure networks or to
maybe set one's own device in IBSS mode to scanning for other devices
matching a specific network block's requirements. Well okay and for
setting up wpa_supplicant's socket-i/f and device parameters as _name
and so on and so forth.

Please verify my assumption or correct me, if I'm wrong. And for the
latter, it would be very nice if you could support some pointers
referring to special documentation regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance,

N.W.