Resubmitting: Help with compiling hostap against libnl

Richard Willis richard.willis at webtechwireless.com
Mon Feb 18 13:08:12 EST 2013

Hi, I submitted a problem making the hostap project, I guess it bounced because it was too big?

I used libnl-3.2.21 and cross-compiled it on an Ubuntu machine. Config options for libnl were;
--host = arm-linux-gnueabi
--prefix = /home/devel/BeagleBone_Angstrom/NewSrc/targetfiles/etc
--sysconfdir = /home/devel/BeagleBone_Angstrom/NewSrc/targetfiles/etc

make fails at the link point, many errors. I'm guessing this is the wrong version of libnl? Can anyone tell me what version of libnl that hostap is designed to link to?

Thanks,

Richard Willis * Sr Embedded S/W Engineer * Webtech Wireless Inc.
Direct +1 604 484 1304 * Front Desk +1 604 434 7337 * FAX +1 604 434 5270
richard.willis at webtechwireless.com<mailto:richard.willis at webtechwireless.com>

Webtech Wireless<http://www.webtechwireless.com/>  |  InterFleet<http://www.interfleet.com/>  |  Quadrant<http://www.webtechwireless.com/>  |  Telematics for the Planet (r)