HS2.0 AP filtering in supplicant

Ingvar Pålsson ingvar.palsson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:29:20 EST 2013

I have a query regarding HS2.0 implementation. If I am not mistaken the
selection mechanisms that match ANQP information from a HS2.0 AP against
local credentials are included in the supplicant. That is for HS2.0 release
1.

Is the intention that for release 2, which introduces policy (with load and
BW thresholds, list of excluded SSIDs etc) and other non policy attributes
that affect selection of AP, that all those attributes shall be possible to
configure in the supplicant so that the supplicant can select Access Point?

Best regards,

/Ingvar Pålsson