hostapd segfault, unable to restart, unable to compile 2.0

Norman Henderson norm.audrey at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 11:42:44 EDT 2013

Thanks very much Mihai, this is resolved now. Yes I used
--prefix=/usr. For the record, I also had to install libssl-dev to get
hostapd to build. Somehow I didn't find a list of prerequisites, but
this one was obvious after the experience with libnl.

"make install" puts the binaries in /usr/local/bin, whereas the old
Ubuntu packaged install was to /usr/sbin/hostapd and
/usr/bin/hostapd_cli.

I also (for my environment) had to enable WPS in the .config file.
Otherwise hostapd chokes on the related entries in hostapd.conf. In
some future release it would be nicer to issue a warning and continue
:)

I appreciate all the help on this first-time effort!

Norman