Capturing wpa_supplicant -dd output?

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 25 08:21:20 EDT 2013

On 04/25/2013 04:43 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:43:29PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> From your description, I would expect running with '-B' to not
>> print any output at all even when not redirected, so I'm not
>> entirely sure I understand what's actually going on here.
>
> It prints out the initial debug messages from operations that are
> executed prior to moving the process into background (at which point
> stdout gets closed).

That's what I thought it did in the first place, but in that case, why
do those "initial debug messages" not end up in the output-redirected
file? If I'm not mistaken, it's precisely those messages (the last of
which, in a successful launch, is "Daemonize..") that I'm concerned
about.

--
    The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
   - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger